This type of valve tray has been developed to achieve both sieve and floating valve tray specifications as moderate pressure drop, turndown ratio and cost. Fixed Valve Tray is the preferred tray when fouling conditions are possible. However, it provides lower turndown and less efficiency than floating valve. Smaller fixed valves provide more capacity than larger valves owing to the fact that pressure drop and entrainment decrease.
- More resistance against fouling services
- Moderate operation flexibility about 3:1 turndown ratio
- Lower entrainment and pressure drop
- Higher Capacity as tray spacing can be reduced especially in existing columns it allows to increase the number of trays
- High efficiency is attainable over wide range of operational conditions
- excellent mechanical strength
- leakage is low