Chemical injection package
A chemical injection package is a system used in various industries including oil and gas, petrochemical, and water treatment to inject and manage the delivery of chemicals into a process or system.
The chemical injection package typically consists of a skid-mounted unit that includes several components, such as: Chemical storage tanks, injection pumps, Mixer, filter, valves, pressure gauges, flow meters, control system, and safety equipment. It is constructed as a portable unit that can be mounted on a skid for ease of transportation and installation.
Chemical injection packages can be used to inject a wide range of chemicals into a process or system, depending on the specific needs of the application. Here are some examples of the types of chemicals that can be injected using these packages:
- Corrosion inhibitors: Amine-based corrosion inhibitors, phosphates, and organic acids
- Scale inhibitors: Phosphonates and polyacrylates
- Biocides: Chlorine, bromine, and quaternary ammonium compounds (QACs)
- Demulsifiers: Polyethylene glycols (PEGs) and surfactants
- Oxygen scavengers: Sodium sulfite (Na2SO3) and hydrazine
- pH adjusters: Sodium hydroxide (NaOH) and sulfuric acid (H2SO4)
- Surfactants: Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and ethoxylated alcohols
Chemical cleaning package
A Chemical Cleaning Package is a tool that is used to inject precise quantities of chemicals into a system in order to protect its mechanical integrity from accelerated corrosion and prevent the formation of scale. This is achieved by pumping the chemicals into the system at the required pressure, flow rate, and temperature, either continuously or intermittently. The package typically consists of tanks or vessels, pumps, piping, and instrumentation, and is designed as a skid-mounted portable unit.